Ride Level: Moderate
MTB CX Gravel bike | GPX Route | Cycle paths & trails | Some hills | 50km/ 31miles
Straddling the M25 with a majority of the route on well-made gravel paths, this is a good all-year ride out.
This is just a decent fun gravel ride, starting at Borehamwood Station (on Thameslink and on the border touch-and-go zone) its easily accessible from all parts of London.
Take the road out of Borehamwood heading north towards Shenley to join Hertfordshire's well-maintained bridleway network. There's little in the way of hills on this route, just good old gravel riding.
Start & Finish Point: Borehamwood Railway Station
Places to visit
15 miles: St Albans, a pretty market town
Places to Eat
15 miles: St Albans
- Distance: 50km | 31 miles
- Climb: 440m | 1430 ft
- Trail Surface: Natural, Gravel and Tarmac
- Percentage off-road: Approx 51%
- Duration: Ride time 3½ to 4 hours.
- Technical Grade: Blue – non-technical, suitable for novices and near novices with reasonable levels of fitness and those looking to progress their riding ability
Is this ride for me?
Moderate ride on maintained trails and quiet country lanes. The gravel paths in the main are well maintained and suitable for riding all year.
Is my bike OK for this ride?
Bikes suitable for this ride include off-road bikes, for example, Mountain, gravel and CX bikes as well hybrids and road bikes fitted with all-terrain tyres.