SATURDAY MORNING | STEADY PACE | 20/40 MILES | BLUE ROUTES | CX/GRAVEL/MTB BIKES
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
Discover new routes and parts of London that you never realised existed on one of our regular Saturday morning rides.
Each week we meet at a different starting point (generally a train station on the Overground or Thameslink) at 9 am. I’ll guide you on 3-to-4-hour ride cycling at a ‘conversational’ pace and the route will largely be governed by the weather and prevailing trail conditions.
Meet points for the next 4 weeks
22nd January - Streatham Common Stn - SW16 riding to Epsom
29th January - Brentford Stn TW8 riding Lower Brent
5th February - No ride out
12th February - Stratford Stn E15 riding Ride the Roding
19th February - Twickenham Stn TW1 riding Planes Cranes and Tunnels route
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
- Regular morning ride
- Meet points will be decided a couple of weeks ahead and be posted on the calendar, on Instagram and Facebook, and emailed to all riders on the preceding Friday.
- Meet at 9 am
- Finish by 1 to 2 pm
- Steady pace - average 6 to 8 mph
- 20 to 30 miles depending on conditions
- Singletrack, gravel paths, hills and some technical trails
- Typically riding on a Blue Route
Is this ride for me?
Taken at a sensible pace these rides are a moderately intense physical challenge suitable for reasonably fit riders with minimal off-road experience.
The pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole, the leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for all Gravel, CX or MTB's
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- Guide for the entire ride
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible