Ride Level: Blue - Intermediate
CX, MTB or Gravel Bikes | Fully Coached | Trails & single track | All-day
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
An all-day cyclocross training day designed for those riders who want to learn more and/or improve their cyclocross riding techniques.
Skills covered: Climbing, descending, cornering, off-camber, starts, dismounts, and remounts.
Rider requirements: To join this ride you need to be a competent cyclist with some experience in off-road riding and be able to ride comfortably for a couple of hours.
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
Meeting at Café Paradou before setting off on the trails – it's very much a practical coached session. We’ll work our way out through the woods, stopping for lunch at one of the pretty country pubs before heading back to Crystal Palace.
Skills covered – Climbing, descending, cornering, off-camber, starts, dismounts, and remounts.
Café Paradou, 10-11 Crystal Palace Parade, Upper Norwood, London SE19 1UA
- Duration: 10/10.30 till 5 pm
- Distance: Variable
- Trails: Mostly off-road trails with natural surfaces
- Level: Intermediate, you need to be able to ride off-road for a couple of hours.
- Group Size: 8 people.
- A refreshment stop mid-way (the cost of refreshments is not included in the ride).
Climbing, descending, cornering, off-camber, starts, dismounts, remounts and hurdles.
Is this ride for me?
To join this ride you need to be a competent cyclist with some experience in off-road riding and be able to ride comfortably for a couple of hours.
The pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole, the leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for all bikes.
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition with working brakes and gears, along with pumped up tyres and an oiled chain.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- British Cycling Qualified (Level 2) for the day
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible