Ride Level: Challenging
CX Bikes/Gravel | Fully Coached | Trails & single track | All-day
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
Unashamedly aimed at riders who want to race or who are racing and want to improve their game, it's a day spent practising and honing the core skills and how to apply them effectively in a race scenario.
Skills covered: Advanced climbing, descending, cornering and off-camber riding, mounting and remounting, holding and shouldering the bike and starts.
Rider requirements: To join this ride you need to have some experience in CX riding and be able to ride at a steady pace for 2 hours.
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
Meeting at Estate Office Coffee before setting off on the trails – it's very much a practical coached session. We’ll work our way out through the woods, stopping for lunch at one of the pretty country pubs before heading back to Streatham.
Estate Office Coffee 4 Greyhound Lane, London SW16 5SD
- Duration: 10 till 5 pm
- Distance: Variable
- Trails: Mostly off-road trails with natural surfaces
- Skill level: Challenging, you should be confident with skills covered on the level 2 day Level
- Group Size: 8 people.
- A refreshment stop mid-way (cost of refreshments is not included in the ride).
Advanced climbing, descending, cornering and off-camber riding, mounting and remounting, holding and shouldering the bike and starts.
Is this ride for me?
To join this ride you need to have some experience in CX riding and be able to ride at a steady pace for 2 hours.
Is my bike OK for this ride?
CX or Gravel bike.
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition with working brakes and gears, along with pumped up tyres and an oiled chain.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- British Cycling Qualified (Level 2) for the day
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible