Ride Level: Green - Easy
All Bikes | Fully Coached | Trails & single track | All-day
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
An all-day session for those who are interested in Cyclo-cross and want to have a go! We introduce and practise the basic skills of the sport and prepare you to take it further.
Skills covered: Riding position, climbing, descending, off-camber and cornering
Rider requirements: To join this ride you need to be a competent cyclist able to ride for 2 hours or more
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
Meeting at Estate Office Coffee before setting off on the trails – it's very much a practical coached session. We’ll work our way out through the woods, stopping for lunch at one of the pretty country pubs before heading back to Streatham.
Estate Office Coffee 4 Greyhound Lane, London SW16 5SD
- Duration: 10/10.30 till 5 pm
- Distance: Variable
- Trails: Mostly off-road trails with natural surfaces
- Level: Easy - This is an introductory ride taken at an easy pace
- Group Size: 8 people.
- A refreshment stop mid-way (cost of refreshments is not included in the ride).
Riding position, climbing, descending, off-camber and cornering.
Is this ride for me?
The session is designed for novices with no previous off ride experience or skills and the day can be completed on almost any type of bike fitted with all-terrain tyres.
Riders need to be competent cyclists who can ride for a couple of hours at a gentle pace.
The pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole, the leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for all bikes.
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition with working brakes and gears, along with pumped up tyres and an oiled chain.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- British Cycling Qualified (Level 2) for the day
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling and CX in particular
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible