SUNDAYS | BRISK PACE | 100+ MILES | BLACK/PILGRIMAGE ROUTES | GRAVEL/CX/MTB BIKES
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
Going to make no bones about these rides- they are aimed squarely at riders who want a solid hard day in the saddle covering a decent distance and being challenged physically. You’ll enter up on the train home knackered but elated.
Routes cover 100 plus miles on gravel, trails, woodland paths and single tracks, some of which will require decent bike handling skills and are generally drawn from our collection Black or Pilgrimage Routes.
Meet early at café early in the morning to set off riding at a brisk pace, there’ll be breaks and stops throughout the day normally cumulating in a pub for a well-earned refreshment at the finish point.
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
- All-day ride
- Meet at 8 am - meet points are cafes in and around Zones 1 and 2
- Finish by 6 pm or later.
- Brisk pace - average 10 to 12 mph
- 90/100 miles + depending on conditions
- Singletrack, gravel paths, hills and some technical trails
- Typically riding on a Black Route or Pilgrimage route
Is this ride for me?
This ride is a physical endurance ride intended for experienced and fit riders capable of spending the day in the saddle.
That said pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole, the leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for all Gravel, CX or MTB's
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
- Money train fare and food
What's included in the price?
- Guide for the entire ride
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible