THURSDAYS | STEADY PACE | 30/40 MILES | BLUE ROUTES | GRAVEL/CX/MTB BIKES
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
All-day off-road rides for cyclists looking to gain fitness, riding skills and meet new friends whilst exploring new routes in all areas of London’s Green Belt.
Run every alternate week, we’ll meet at a café near an Overground or Thameslink Station and head off for a 5-to-6-hour ride typically covering 30 to 40 miles with a café break halfway through.
We’ll be riding on one of the many Blue GPX routes, trail conditions and weather at the time will dictate which one we’ll follow - although I’m happy to accept your recommendations!
With a maximum group size of 8 riders, the rides are social, riding at a steady pace on a combination of gravel paths, single track, woodland trails, and some quiet roads.
The guide will ensure that no one gets left behind, however, if you’re unsure whether you can keep up, please try one of the Saturday or Tuesday morning rides first.
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
- All day ride
- Meet points will be decided a couple of weeks ahead and be posted on the calendar, on Instagram and Facebook, and emailed to all riders signed up 48 hours before the start.
- Meet at 10.30 am
- Finish by 5-6 pm
- Steady pace - average 6 to 8 mph
- 30 to 40 miles depending on conditions
- Single track, gravel paths, hills and some technical trails
- Typically riding on a Blue Route
Is this ride for me?
Taken at a sensible pace these rides are a moderately intense physical challenge suitable for reasonably fit riders looking to improve their fitness, endurance and bike handling skills.
That said, the pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole, the leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for all Gravel, CX or MTB's
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- Guide for the entire ride
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible