THURSDAYS | BRISK PACE | 50/60 MILES | RED ROUTES | GRAVEL/CX/MTB BIKES
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
All-day adventures for experienced and relatively fit riders, either fairly experienced off-road riders or those who have ridden a few of the Blue moderate-paced rides and want/need something more challenging!
We’ll be meeting in a café near an Overground/Thameslink Railway station before setting off.
Going to be brutally honest now, these rides are for cyclists with a degree of fitness, experience and bike maintained to match as we will be covering 50 to 60 miles although this does depend on the weather and trail conditions at the time.
These rides make a perfect training base for cyclists considering entering some of the longer endurance events.
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
- All-day ride
- Meet points will be decided a couple of weeks ahead and be posted on the calendar, on Instagram and Facebook, and emailed to all riders on the preceding Friday.
- Meet at 10.30 am
- Finish by 5 to 6 pm
- Steady pace - average 8 to 10 mph
- 50 to 60 miles depending on conditions
- Singletrack, gravel paths, hills and some technical trails
- Typically riding on a Red Route
Is this ride for me?
Taken at pace, these rides are aimed at riders with some off-road experience and fitness.
That said, the pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole, the leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for all Gravel, CX or MTB's
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- Guide for the entire ride
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible