TUESDAY MORNING | EASE PACE | 10/15 MILES | GREEN ROUTES | ALL BIKES
RESERVE A PLACE ON OUR RIDES CALENDAR
Great intro rides for those keen to try some off-road riding or just want to get out and enjoy the fresh air. To allow everyone to meet up by train we’ll meet in a café near an Overground or Thameslink railway station at 10.30 before setting off for a 3-hour ride.
The maximum group size is 8 riders and we’ll be cycling at a gentle pace on a combination of well-maintained gravel paths, cycle routes and quiet roads which will either finish at the start point or at a station with easy access to London.
Most bikes are suitable for these rides, including your everyday hybrid or even in some cases a Boris Bike!
Any questions? have a look at our FAQ's or Contact us
- Regular easy off-road bike ride
- Average 4 to 5 mph (that's gentle and inclusive)
- Suitable for beginners and novices
- Well maintained gravel paths, easy single track
- Start at 10.30 – finish 13.30
- 2 to 3 hours
- Meet points will be decided a couple of weeks ahead and be posted on the calendar, on Instagram and Facebook, and emailed to all riders on the preceding Monday
- e-bikes welcome
- Typically riding on a Green Routes
Is this ride for me?
This is an approachable ride ideal for novice riders. You need to be able to ride at a gentle pace for a few hours.
The pace of the ride will be adapted to suit the cyclists on the day and the route may change to meet the capabilities of the group as a whole The leader will make sure that no one is left out or behind!
Is my bike OK for this ride?
The ride is suitable for most types of bikes, including hybrids and folding bikes.
There will be a basic bike check before each ride to ensure riders' safety, so please make sure your bike is in good condition with working brakes and gears, along with pumped up tyres and an oiled chain.
If in doubt, please get your bike checked over by a competent mechanic or bike shop before the ride. Here is a list of local bike shops we're happy to recommend.
Remember to plan ahead, many bike shops are very busy and service slots are often booked out in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- Helmet (wearing helmets is a must on our rides)
- Spare inner tube
- Snacks and Water
- Rain jacket (if required)
- Suitably warm/cool clothing for the weather
- Sunscreen (as necessary)
What's included in the price?
- Guide for the entire ride
- Coaching hints and skill tips about 'off road' cycling
- Pre-ride bike and helmet safety checks
- Fixing mechanical faults/punctures where possible